Thursday, February 11, 2010

Time & Space ATC

This card happened by accident. I was at my art group playing around with stuff, and this is what happened. First was a layer of metallic blue acrylic paint, then a layer of crackle medium. After the crackle medium dried, I put on a layer of metallic yellow-gold, but the crackle medium didn't work correctly. The gold paint kind of gummed up on the surface. Since it didn't work out as intended I took the edge of my ruler and scraped lines into it.

My friend John who hosts the art group loved it. The scanned image doesn't do it justice. Because of the texture and metallic paint, when you hold it at different angles it is like you're looking at a different piece of art each time. John was the one who came up with the name for it.

Behold... "Time and Space"
(Completed February 9, 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment