Monday, March 9, 2015

Lights! Camera! Switzerland! Contest Submission

This is my video submission for the Lights! Camera! Switzerland! travel hosting contest at http://lightscameraswitzerland.com/

EDIT: I didn't make the cut for the finalists. They were way out of my league.  Oh well. Life goes on. 

"My name is Kristin. I'm a 28 year old stay at home mom with two kids. But I'd like to think that I'm not your average stay at home mom. I'm an artist, amateur photographer, and writer in the middle of writing my first book. Ever since I was young, it has been my lifetime goal to travel the world and to write a book about it.

Unfortunately, being from a single income family doesn't really give me the option to travel like I'd like to. So I find adventure in my own backyard. I volunteer for local events, like dressing in 1700s style costume for the OK Mozart music festival or being a tour guide for the downtown Ghost Walk in October. I've also been an actress in local productions at a community theater. I absolutely love being out in nature, especially hiking and finding new unknown trails. You can also find me, along with some like minded friends, spending time with my camera in graveyards at night as an amateur ghost hunter.

I love trying out and learning new things... like trying bizarre new foods or joining a local drum circle to learn to play the djembe drum. I'm not perfect at it, and probably never will be... but it sure is fun. And that is why I would love to go to an amazing place like Switzerland with its history, landscapes, and exciting new experiences. Because life always needs a fun, new adventure."

No comments:

Post a Comment